IV. LIFE BEING GOD THE FATHER IN THE SON AS THE SPIRIT FLOWING INTO US
[In summary, life is the Triune God. But to us, life is not the Triune God in heaven, but the Triune God flowing out. This flowing out of the Triune God means that His content, which is Himself, first flowed out through Christ; then it flowed out as the Spirit to be received by us as life. Thus when we touch God in Christ as the Spirit, we touch life, for life is God in Christ as the Spirit.]
The Father is the source of life. The Son is the course of life. The Spirit is the flow of life. Life is the Father in the Son as the Spirit flowing into us to be our life and life supply. Life is this processed Triune God flowing into us with all His divine riches, all that He has accomplished, passed through, obtained, and attained, to deal with all the negative things in us and to fill us up with Himself. Eventually, this life as the processed Triune God flows out of us to express God in our daily living, to bear fruit through the gospel, and to build up the church, the Body of Christ, consummating into the New Jerusalem.
- When a person receives God’s life, what is it that he received?
- Why is the Holy Spirit called the Spirit of life?
- Find one or two more verses that reveal the Spirit is life.
- Find one or two more verses that show Christ as our life.
- Try to describe how life being God the Father in the Son as the Spirit is flowing into us.
Quoted Portions from (Lee/LSM) Publications
- Recovery Version, 1 John 1:5, note 3; 1 John 1:7, note 4.
- The Knowledge of Life, pp. 14-17.
- Life-study of Romans, pp. 177, 169.
(Lesson Book, Level 4: Life—Knowing and Experiencing Life, Chapter 2, by Witness Lee)