VIII. WE WILL BRING THE LORD AND THE KINGDOM TO EARTH AND WILL RECEIVE A REWARD
As you are faithful to carry out His burden to build up the church, He will be there to supply you. It is not that you will be without problems, but you will have the bountiful supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ to carry you through every crisis. You may be attacked from without and from within, yet you will stand. You may be persecuted for the Lord’s sake, yet you will not give up because you know that great is your reward in the heavens (Matt. 5:11-12). You may be very discouraged at times, yet simply touching the God of all encouragement will revive your spirit (2 Cor. 1:4). After you have labored faithfully all your life, many churches will be established. All the other faithful brothers and sisters will do the same. Together, we will bring the Lord back. When He comes, He will bring His reward with Him to award all the faithful ones (Rev. 22:12).
Are you willing to be faithful? Are you ready to go on? Are you on the Lord’s side? Hymn 473 tells us that when we give up all things for Christ, we own everything in this universe. We give up a fragment and in exchange the Lord will give us the whole. Pursuing Christ in such a way will lead us to the throne of Christ and enable us to rule with Him as co-kings. Amen! Hallelujah!
- What is God’s will for all of humanity?
- Memorize 1 Timothy 2:4.
- How do you help young Christians come to the full knowledge of the truth?
- Based on this lesson what steps are taken from the time we are saved until we reach the New Jerusalem?
- Recovery Version (Lee/LSM), Matt. 24:14, note 1.
- Living Uniquely for the Gospel (Lee/LSM), pp. 31-37.
- Talks Concerning the Church Services (Lee/LSM), pp. 15-22, 41-44.
- Truth Lessons Level 1, Vol. 2 (Lee/LSM), pp. 154-160.
- Words of Training for the New Way (Lee/LSM), pp. 36-39.
(Lesson Book, Level 5: The Church—The Vision and Building Up of the Church, Chapter 23, by Witness Lee)