IV. BEING FILLED TO SPEAK AND DISPENSE
[This filling is not only for your nourishment, it is for you to dispense. It is for you to generate. Every human being is made by God to propagate, to generate. Therefore, everybody has to bring forth children! Now we all have to learn how to generate, how to dispense, how to impart into others what we have received into our being. This is to reproduce, this is to generate, this is to bring forth new Christians by speaking. Therefore, speaking is generating, speaking is imparting, speaking is dispensing.]
When you speak you are filled, and when you are filled you speak! This is wonderful. When the Spirit is so fresh in our experience, people will sense something different about us. As you speak to them, they will realize something within you is so new, so different, yet so convincing. If we are cleansed by confessing, we will surely have impact and the working of the Spirit in our speaking. Be filled in spirit!
The Lord charges us to be filled in spirit. This filling is of two aspects—one is inward and the other is outward. The inward filling is the essential aspect of the Spirit, whereas the outward filling is the economical aspect of the Spirit. Both are necessary for our Christian life and ministry. The way to be filled is 1) by confessing all our sins, failures, worldliness, pride, etc., and 2) by speaking. This will make us people who dispense Christ and bring forth new Christians.
- What are the two aspects of the filling of the Holy Spirit?
- Explain how the Greek language indicates the two aspects of the filling.
- What is one condition that must be met in order to have the outward filling of the Spirit?
- What is the way to be filled in spirit?
- What should be the result of being filled?
Quoted Portions from (Lee/LSM) Publications
- Life-study of Ephesians, p. 431.
- Life-study of Acts, pp. 56-57.
- The Experience of Life, p. 308, 311-312, 309-310.
- The Up-to-Date Move of the Lord, pp. 18-19.
- Life-study of Ephesians, pp. 434-435.
- The Divine Speaking, p. 52.
(Lesson Book, Level 3: Two Spirits—Two Spirits - the Divine Spirit and the Human Spirit, Chapter 18, by Witness Lee)