RECENT NEWS FROM YI LING, NORTHERN KIANGSU
To the brothers and sisters who pray for us with a pure heart:
Thank the Lord, He has blessed our recent work. I will now report on the beginning, history, and ending of this work. There is much to thank God for. Glory to the One on the throne and to the Lamb.
The Meetings before the Conference
Before this conference even began, a few of us co-workers and a few brothers and sisters who pray to the Lord met every afternoon at 3:00 to have a prayer meeting to offer specific prayers.
The Items of Prayer
(1) We asked the Lord to give us a work for His own sake and for the sake of the Body and the kingdom.
(2) We asked the Lord to gather those who needed to receive these teachings from His house (the church).
(3) We asked the Lord to work with us to bind the enemy and stop his actions and to release the brothers and sisters who were bound by the enemy.
(4) We asked the Lord to give us an appropriate building where the sleeping, eating, and meetings will not be a problem.
(5) We asked the Lord to supply us and bless our every need in the matters of life, physical needs (money), health, weather, and other necessities.
(6) We asked the Lord to allow us to see Him in everything in the work.
(7) We asked the Lord to capture a group of brothers and sisters to stand firm for Him.
The items listed above were the goal of the prayer in our daily prayer meetings. We prayed for half a month.
We received the Lord’s answer, so we decided that beginning April 7, there would be a sisters’ work. Beginning on May 7, there will be a conference for all the responsible brothers and sisters from all the localities in northern Kiangsu. We sent letters of announcement to all the localities.
On the one hand, we notified all the sisters in all the localities of northern Kiangsu that whoever could learn to read should come to learn before April 7, and on the other hand, we invited the responsible brothers, sisters, and co-workers to come to Yi Lin on May 7 for a conference. At the same time, we asked the supplicating brothers and sisters to pray for this matter (see Collection of Newsletters, Issue No. 5). Within a few days it was April 7.
The Beginning of the Sisters’ Work
There were more than thirty sisters who came from a distance. Together with the sisters from this locality, there were sixty people. We began the work in our original meeting place.
The Condition of the Work
There was prayer every morning from 9:00 to 9:15. From 9:15 to 10:00, they learned to read. From 10:10 to 11:00, they sang hymns. From 11:10 to 11:50, they read the Bible. In the afternoon, they prayed from 2:00 to 2:15. They learned to read from 2:15 to 3:00. They sang hymns from 3:10 to 4:00. They practiced writing from 4:00 to 5:00. There was a meeting in the evening from 7:00 to 9:00. Every day was like this.
There were a total of twenty-four days. In these twenty-four days, there was a prayer meeting every afternoon at 3:00. Some brothers also attended. This prayer influenced the enemy in Hades to do a great work and to open fire in the spiritual realm.
(Collected Works of Watchman Nee, The (Set 2) Vol. 25: Collection of Newsletters (1), Chapter 9, by Watchman Nee)